1. The concept of frame of reference. Galilean transformation. Inertial and noninertial frames of reference. Inertial forces.
2. Fundamental assumptions in the special theory of relativity and its implications.
3. Conservation laws in mechanics.
4. Kinematics and dynamics of rotational motion of rigid body.
5. Simple harmonic oscillators. Damped and driven oscillations. Phenomenon of resonance.
6. Motion of a mass point in the field of central force. The law of gravity. Kepler's laws.
7. Wave processes. Classification and basic characteristics of waves. Propagation of waves – basic phenomena.
8. The zeroth law of thermodynamics and its application for definitions of scales of temperature.
9. The first law of thermodynamics and its applications.
10. Description of electric field and its properties. Conservative character of electrostatic field.
11. Mechanism of electrical conductivity in solids. Band model.
12. Temperature dependence of electrical conductivity for conductors and semiconductors.
13. Electric current and laws concerning it.
14. Alternating current and related quantities. RLC circuits.
15. Motion of charged particles in electrostatic and magnetic fields. Particle accelerators.
16. Magnetic properties of matter. Description at microscopic level and macroscopic properties.
17. Description and spectral characteristics of electromagnetic waves.
18. Experimental evidence of wave-like properties of light. Interference, diffraction and polarization.
19. Wave-particle duality.
20. Models of atom.
21. Nuclear reactions. Nuclear fission and fusion.
22. Natural and artificial radioactivity. Radioactive decay. Characteristics of alpha, beta andgamma decay.
23. X-rays, generation, properties, detection and applications.
24. Fundamental laws of geometrical optics.
25. The construction of images with mirrors and lenses. The parameters and equations describing the lenses and mirrors.
26. Construction and principle of operation of basic optoelectronic devices.
27. Principle of operation of lasers. Types of lasers.
28. Technology of production of optoelectronic devices.
29. Experimental errors and methods of estimation of them.
30. Construction, principle of operation and parameters of "Twisted Nematic " and"In-Plane-Switching" liquid crystal devices.
31. Mathematical structure of quantum mechanics.
32. 1D harmonic oscillator in classical physics and in quantum mechanics.